Founded in 1932, the W. Harold John Group initially
concentrated its activities in the merchanting of iron
and steel scrap and its supply to the many locally situated
steel works and foundries.
This remained the mainstay of the Group's operations
until the move to a larger, purpose built site in Newport
in 1971, a site which is still the Headquarters and
Trading Centre of the Group today.
This move allowed expansion of the Group's interests
into trading non-ferrous metal scrap both in the domestic
and international market, where most emphasis is based
on aluminium and copper scraps.